Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thankful for my Father!

A day like today makes us thankful, appreciative or saddened. I am sure there are other emotions as well, but just thinking of a few I have had with my father. Growing up I lived with him at a very early age, not that I remember. Around 3 I went to live with my mother and then with my grandparents from 8 on. Since I have had children of my own and move to NC in 1997, my father and I have gotten very close. I have always had so much respect for him. I now call on him for so many things. Just a suggestion or guidance at time. I have even had my husband say to "call your father". He is the type of man that figures things out and does for himself. He has lived and learned and passes on his knowledge to both my brother and I. I am sure at times, it is very frustrating when neither of us listens nor follows his guidance. I just want all fathers to know, including my own and my husband, that we love you. Sometimes, it may seem your children don't listen, but we do! We may not follow what you say right away but later in life, we really use what you have told us. Life’s lessons are so important and fathers really instill alot of those in us. Thanks Dad!! I appreciate everything you have done and continue to do in my life and in my children’s. You are the best Grandpa and Dad!!

1 comment: